Monday, August 5, 2013

Trying to Get Back to Posting

I just can't seem to keep up with this blog. I'm working on it, I promise! There's just so much to do to prepare for college in the fall, and going away to the beach for a week didn't help with getting me to post more. In the spirit of catching up, I have some great pictures from Longwood Gardens, taken the day before my beach trip, to share.



It was so hot that we stood near these for a little while, feeling
the breeze and water droplets on our faces.

The fountains after walking inside for a little while. The little
drum-esque things are lights that flash at night.

My first glimpse of the tower.

Walking up next to the river, and can still see the tower.

The tower and view. The tower continued farther down; there was
a staircase inside of it, with a cool darkness to escape the heat.

We walked up a hill to the Eye of Water, and this scene
caught my eye, and I had to capture it on film.

The pavilion around the Eye of Water.



As we were leaving the Eye of Water, after walking down a hill.

With the beautiful waterfall next to it.

The first of the four student gardens.

The second student garden. This one freaked me out
because it seemed a little unsteady and overgrown.

My best picture of the third student garden.

The fourth student garden, and my personal favorite.
This is my dream garden, only much bigger.

The first of three Longwood cats we saw that day. Unfortunately,
I didn't get a picture of the huge black cat.

Lily pond, of course. There was an exhibit inside about the
lily pads with upturned edges you see here.

Third Longwood cat, and the one that hangs out in/around
the house below.



Water stair in the Italian Garden.

Italian garden, where the back pools are a few feet longer
than the ones in the front.

Treehouse!

We came back to it after taking a path around.

A gazebo, next to which a couple was having
professional pictures taken.

A different view of the same gazebo.

Small water feature.



Finally in the treehouse!


We were leaving, so I snapped a few quick pictures.

Very last picture from that day.
I actually have one of three pictures we took while at the beach, that turned out well, showcasing the hard work that my friend and I put in. When we got there, there was only the outside edging that was almost complete.

At the beach, our nearly completed puzzle!
I hope to post about more things later this week, like my trip to Nemours!

No comments:

Post a Comment