Wednesday, August 14, 2013

St. Michael's, Girl's Weekend, and an Announcement

To kick off this post, I'll tell you about my Saturday at St. Michaels in Maryland. I was there to perform with the Dover English Country Dancers during the day of August 10th, which was the bicentennial celebration of the Battle of St. Michaels. Typically we go to Revolutionary War reenactments or festivals and the like, but it was like we were launched about forty years into the future. It was surreal to be in front of the public in a 1810's dress with a line of women dressed similarly and a line of men dressed in 1810's fashions (for the most part) in order to compliment that.
I certainly didn't get as many pictures as I wanted, but I had friends who made a point to get some fabulous ones. Consider this Part 1 of my story of St. Michaels, which will be continued as soon as I get my hands on more pictures (and motivated to post them)! Bunches of pictures under the cut!


I made her pose next to the laundry...

And here we are in front of the tree that kept stealing our rings for
Game of Graces.

This was taken while I was trying to get good candids.

And I gave up after I saw the car.

The whole group (that attended) posed in front of the
museum in St. Mary's Square.

Our lovely musicians.

The diagram of the battle of St. Michaels. The man describing
it was excitingly enthusiastic.

The map was HUGE and he let kids place the battleships
etc. on there. It was interactive and awesome.

I know I'm not being very descriptive. For that I apologize. You'll get a much better write-up when I get more pictures. Now, on to the rest of my weekend! (The descriptions will all be in the captions).

We went swimming in the early afternoon, then took a break
to pain our nails! Which was exciting.

Allie's (pictured above) and my toesies.

Then we wanted to see what they looked like underwater.

The Twister board we worked on for Jaime
(pictured) to leave with her youth group.

A shot of all our masterfully painted toes.

Then our fingers.

Now, for my announcement! So that I post on this blog more regularly, I've decided to make a "Feature Friday" which will update every Friday. It won't necessarily be a long post, but it will contain either one to three Youtube videos, three to ten links to interesting articles/ blog posts/whatever I'd like you all to see, or three to five research links (for fiction writing or what have you). I hope it'll be popular, and it's certainly a way for me to keep this blog up to date!

No comments:

Post a Comment