Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Greetings, salutations, and other forms of hello! Welcome to my blog. I'm eighteen years old and trying to navigate my way through life and through different eras of time. I intend to accomplish the latter by sewing outfits inspired by, or accurate to, certain periods of time.

I'm currently preparing for a Great Gasby-themed graduation/birthday party. I'm so excited! I think I bought perfect fabric and everything, I just need to adjust a pattern and figure out the skirting, then I'm golden.

At the moment, I'm in love with fashions from the end of the eighteenth century (about 1765-1799), the beginning of the nineteenth century (1800-1825-ish), the middle of the nineteenth century (1850-1869) \, the beginning of the twentieth century (1900-1919), the 1920's and the 1950's. I hope to be able to recreate or approximate fashion from all those time periods before I go to college at the end of the summer. In addition, I will also endeavor to create clothing that is wearable in my day-to-day life.

I'm planning for this to not only be a journal of my journey as a seamstress but also a journal of my journey as I grow as a person. Thank you for reading this far, and I hope you continue to.

Now, please enjoy a picspam of my and my dancing group at our last two events: Dover Days and the Chestertown Tea Party in Maryland.
I'm the one in the red petticoat and blue and white jacket on the
far left on the pictures above and below. At Dover Days
At Dover Days.

Certainly not my finest picture, but it was the end of
the day and I was exhausted. After Dover Days.

After Dover Days.

In this shot, I'm in the middle, with the same outfit both times.
Chestertown Tea Party.

Chestertown Tea Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment