Monday, June 3, 2013

Write-up of the Weekend

This post will just be a quick summary of my weekend and I'll be back to costuming projects and such by tomorrow or Wednesday.

I had a wonderful weekend. Friday night was my own graduation. The ceremony lasted two hours, though I thought I was going to fall on my face. See, my shoes fell apart. That wouldn't normally be such a big deal, but they only started falling apart once I was walking up to the stage.

Needless to say, I was pretty darn upset. They were wedge heels, with criss-crossed straps. After walking down the aisle between chairs, I made it safely to the stage, only to find that one strap had completely come out of the left side of my right shoe, and the other shoe was starting to lost a strap as well. I tucked the strap between my toes, where a flip-flop strap would go. My name was called to walk across the stage to receive an award, so I awkwardly walked up, across the stage, in front of all my classmates and their families, and then scurried back to my place.

I finally walked up to get my diploma. That caused the other strap to fall off on one side. It didn't matter, because then it was time to process out. That was fine, until I got to my friend's mom halfway up the aisle. I stopped for a quick hug, took my horrid shoes off, and made my way out of the theater. I went downstairs to grab my diploma, hug teachers and friends, and say my goodbyes.

After spending time outside taking pictures and talking, everyone left in order to regroup at my grandmother's house for ice cream and cake. It was a pleasant evening, enjoyed by all.

My brother, the valedictorian, and me. My friend Allison, pictured above,
kindly sent me the two picture sets.

Graduation cake!

My Jaime's graduation was on Sunday. I ended up wearing the same dress as my friend. That funny and weird coincidence was noticed by everyone. The ceremony was wonderful; it was only about an hour and a half long. Her parents took the whole group out to dinner at the Iron Hill Brewery. The food was marvelous, and the cake was spectacularly sweet.

Jaime in cap and gown, then out at dinner, being silly with icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment